Christmas Time!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Great week. We had a service project with our zone in a little town called Estipac. We got the whole zone together and headed down there to clean a road. The President's wife gave me a sweater which I am very grateful for because it is starting to get cold in the mornings, and driving in a truck bed in the morning is freezing but I stayed warm. We got to Estipac and cleaned the biggest road in the city. We all had santa hats on and we all were caroling while sweeping. We also gathered a bunch of unwanted clothes, books, and toys and invited everyone that drove down the road -we stopped their car or tractor to invite them to the church to get free stuff. It had an awesome turn out. A lot of people went and we gave tours of the church before they could grab stuff. I hope that they got some awesome investigators from that activity. Yesterday was a great Sunday, I am very grateful for yesterday. Hermano Octavio blessed the sacrament while I passed it, He also brought his little brother to church. He is 18 and a little shy but he wants to learn more about the church. We have an appointment with him this week which I am super excited about. Also Hermana Alondra was confirmed. She didn't get confirmed last week because we had stake conference but it was an awesome experience. She asked me to help with her confirmation and I was very grateful for that opportunity. We are trying to get the ward more involved in the missionary work. We are having activities almost every week to try to gain confidence in the members and to get referencias. Like this week we have a ward bring a friend to a movie night and I am very excited for it. I love Christmas! I listen to Christmas music in the offices all day long. I taught my companion the English part of ´´Feliz Navidad´´ oh and ´´Jingle Bells´´  and we sing a lot. I sure hope Santa Finds me in Mexico! I have been a good boy!!! Well its cambios right now and Elder Moguel and I are together for another change. and I have a presentation to give tomorrow. We picked up the new elders this morning which was cool. One from Chili, one from Uruguay, and one from Salvador. They have some crazy accents!!! Well I am going to sleep. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Como extraño este vato!!! Que Dios este contigo Elder AaaRoberts!! Echale ganas!!
-wyatt b