Too many tacos!

Monday, April 18, 2011

Tyler making a basketball net. So far, any b-ball rims have not had any nets.  
Mexico is great and I am loving the weather, even though it is starting to get really really hot!  They say the hottest month of the year is May because after May, the rainy season hits and it rains for days upon days. I really am stoked for the rain. It has only sprinkled here once. Ha- my mission president sent us an email to stay out of the rain this week because the radiation in Japan evaporated up and is headed our way. I'll probably get super powers or something from it. This week was pretty rough because last Monday night I ate over 15 tacos for dinner, and they were all delicious, but the next morning I regretted everything! I was in the worst pain for the rest of the week. I don't want to go into details, but it was bad!!!!!!! Jeremiah 4:19-21 about sums it up. We have a new investigator this week who found us instead of us finding him. He went online and researched the church and wants to know more and more. He is golden! He is such an awesome guy, the only problem is he works like 24/ 7, so the only chance we have to give lessons to him is on his breaks at work. He works at this way fancy restaurant downtown and he lets us have what ever we want on the menu.  I went with shrimp tacos, which were delicious!  I love more than anything the opportunity I have every morning to study the scriptures and I really wish I had more than one hour a day for study. I keep forgetting to mention this in my emails, but I pretty much eat a snowcone every single day! They are great, but not as good as a good old American, totally artificial flavored snowcones! They are all naturally flavored, so I'm pretty sure dad would like them a lot. This week was a little rough we had to drop a lot of investigators because they were not progressing, last Saturday was bad. We were finally seeing some progress with one of our investigators and we went to his house and instantly we felt the worst spirit in the world. I wanted to throw up, it was so strong. Out of this room walks one of his long time friends who was a Jehovas Witness, who made a real big mess of things. So we left.
My companion was able to baptise this lady this week and it was awesome! I  love baptisms so much! It was great. 
I remember Grandpa Roberts always asking me how many girls have tried to kiss me, when we would go to his house. Well in Mexico, that is how people say hello- one of those kiss on the cheeks thingys. The awkward part is that as a missionary, you can't do that.  So Grandpa, I have to reject a lot of kisses and honestly like 50 girls tried to kiss me this week. We have an awesome investigator who will hopefully get baptized this week. He went to church with us and he loved it, even though some crazy guy pretty much gave his talk on our Heavenly Mother, which is definitely  a no no for any occassion or topic I can think of, but it didnt cause alot of problems. Well I am out of time. I love you all! I love being a missionary! This church is true! Isaiah 41:10 kept me going this week. When you are down, I  reccomend it.
love Elder Roberts

0 comments: