Old, Scary woman!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012


4/9/2012
This week was great. Hermana Liliana and her daughter, Lily got baptised! It was a cool experience. They were a part of a christian church before, but they never were baptized there. She said she was praying and looking for the right church for her and her daughter and we knocked the door. They are real awesome. We had a great experience this week. We have been teaching a friend of a member name herman a Estivaliz. She has gone to church and she went to conference and everything but her family doesn't want her to be baptized. But she prayed alot about it and read the chapters from the Book of Mormon and during a lesson, the spirit hit her sooooo hard and she knew it was true and is set on being baptised this Saturday. Yesterday we walked a lot in the hot, hot sun and we didn't have a lot of water in our system. I was super dehydrated so we stopped at our house to grab some water really fast. We get there and walk up the stairs and search the house for water, but there wasn't any. But then I found a bottle of water in our fridge. I opened it and right before I was about to drink it, we see someone walking up our stairs. We both froze! An old woman walked into our house( my comp left the door open) and she stole my bottle of water. I was speechless! We are still trying to process if she was a ghost or not??? But then we led her out of the house. Changes are today and Elder Johnson is leaving to Santiago and I am staying here. We had a ton of fun together -probably one of my favorite comps! Well I love you all. I know the power of the Book of Mormon and prayer is HUGE! NEVER STOP READING!!!! love Elder Roberts

4/17/2012
Yup, I was in a earthquake! It was small, but it was kinda cool! We were in Guadalajara for a leadership council and it started shaking a little bit. It was cool. I saw some people from one of my old areas there. They told me Octavio from Las Aguilas just got the Melchizedek priesthood! I am so happy for him! I love that guy! Estabiliz was baptized! It was a cool experience! Thanks for your prayers. She got the courage to tell her parents that she new the church was true and she was going to make this decision. There was an awesome spirit there. We are teaching the niece of hermana Liliana and she wants to be baptized too. But she has the same problemita with her parents, but we will pray alot for hermana Erica. We found a family this week and they are progressing very well - the familia flores I really want to see them get baptised as a family. Well I love you all!


0 comments: