Welcome to Mexico!

Monday, March 7, 2011

I do not even know how to put into words how to describe this place. I arrived with a nice warm welcome from my Mission President and his wife. The speak absolutely no English. All of the rumors I have heard about the great food, green eyes, and crazy drivers are all true! The first day in Mexico was great, but kinda boring at first. President gave a huge orientation, of course in all Spanish, so I understood a good 20 percent of the rules and everything. Then we met our companions. I could not have asked for a better companion!  He is a native Mexican, but knows some English, so he can explain some things to me that I do not know. The people are great and I love them all.  The buses.... the only way I can explain this to you is imagine the Indiana Jones ride in Disneyland and standing up going probably 8 times as fast with 70 people crammed into it. My personal bubble is constantly invaded, But I am getting use to it. 
First apartment in Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico

  I really do love the people here. They love all of us missionaries and feed us at almost every meal. The food is amazing, but my testimony of prayer has grown exceedingly. I have eaten the most unclean food  I could imagine. I have watched them pour me a glass of milk and have seen chunks roll into my cup. But they mixed some kind of chocolate powder in it, so it tasted great! I have eaten meat that does not taste like cow, chicken or anything I have ever tasted, but I have yet to be sick at all. I feel great! and I know that it is because we bless every meal we eat.  I am loving this place! 
 I have seen the happiest people here,  in the most humble houses and circumstances, and they are the best.  I love getting to teach this gospel each and everyday.

0 comments: