General Conference

Wednesday, October 10, 2012


I sure did love General Conference! It was the greatest!!!! I am pretty excited for Parker and Sam to serve their missions early! I instantly thought of them when I heard that! That is sooooo crazy! I enjoyed all of the talks but I loved D. Todd Christoferson's, (he is like the Bill Nye of the 12). I also enjoyed Uchtdorf's about how we need to enjoy everything. I loved the scripture that he used from Psalms 118:24 This is the day which the Lord hath made, we will rejoice and be glad in it. I agree with him. 
This week was good. Elder Bentall is talking more in the lessons and he is getting his Spanish down good. Last week we tried to visit a less active member but she wasn't there.  But then she showed up at church Sunday when her family told her that the missionaries passed by. We visited with her and she has a 14 year old sister named Sofia that isn't baptized that we started to teach. She is progressing really well and is reading almost everything we leave with her. Her sister that is a member got a call from her sister that lives in Washington and she wanted to say hi,. I just had to ask if she knew Kory, and it turns out- she did! He was in her ward before he went home! It was cool! Tell Kory the Hermana Bety Mora says hi! But Sofia was having trouble accepting a date to get baptized, so we prayed alot for her and told her if she prayed and wrote down all the questions about her life, that every one would be answered in the conference. After the conference we showed her the baptismal font and she accepted to be baptized the 20th! I am very grateful for answers to prayers! I know that God hears and answers every one of our prayers. 

0 comments: