My bus was hijacked!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Baptism of Hermana Ana


Well we had a fantastic week. I love this ward! It is the greatest! We worked way hard and we found a family of 5 that accepted to be baptised. We are putting a goal for them for the 25th of this month! Hermana Ana got baptised Saturday! It was such a special experience for her! The water was sooooooo cold, because the water heater doesn't work, but it still worked out. The enemy tries so hard to ruin baptisms but he did not win!!!! We had so many problems but it all worked out so awesome in the end. She already has visiting teachers and the Bishop gave her a triple combo, a bible, and a hymn book after her baptism! I have never seen or heard of that before but I was so grateful for the support of the ward. I won't forget how happy she looked after she was confirmed. That is the best part of a baptism. After the baptism on the bus ride home, a strange man with a machete and giant tree clippers got on the bus. The bus hit a speed bump and he totally fell down, he laid there for a while but then got up and put on a ski mask and told the bus driver to go somewhere. Before we knew it everyone on the bus slowly moved behind my companion, Elder Hall, Elder Magaña and I. The wall of missionaries! To be honest, I didn't know where we were, but we got off pretty close to the house. And when we left, pretty much the whole bus left with us. It was pretty crazy but I know that we are protected. Carlos and Lola are set to get baptised this week. They are getting married Saturday night and getting baptised in the morning before sacrament meeting. They have made a ton of friends in the ward and feel right at home. I had a very interesting experience Sunday. So like 9 days ago, a man contacted us in English, his name was Roshon. It turns out he is a inactive member and he doesn't speak Spanish. He is from Sri Lanka, an island close to India! He can speak English alright. Oh ya and a little over a month ago he got married to a Mexican women. He invited us to his house and it turns out his wife is real nice. We had a lesson with her and it turns out she is going through some real tough times. We taught the power and importance of prayer and it made the biggest impact on her life! They came to church yesterday and she loved it! He doesn't speak Spanish so I translated the meeting into English, and gospel principles, and priesthood. It was a cool experience. His wife Elisa has accepted baptism and we are preparing her for the 18th. I love my companion, we have so much fun everyday! This is his second area and he loves it here. I do too! I have been feeling the spirit stronger than ever before in the mission. I love you all.

0 comments: