I am alive, alright!

Friday, February 3, 2012


Hey sorry I haven't written for a while. We had changes! Elder Moguel left the offices and I am here again! Yup, I didn't see that coming, but its alright. I am getting white washed into another area again this change. I am starting to get use to that. I have a new comp ELDER LOPEZ!!!!! He is from Mexico city and is awesome! We are working way hard together. Our new ward is great! It was the first time in my mission since my first area where I have seen the building full of members! We have a lot of support from them and they are starting to throw some references our way. We have some real great people we are teaching right now. We found a young couple named Carlos and Lola in the dropped investigator binder and we are teaching them. They aren't married but we brought with us to our lesson a counselor from the mtc in Mexico who is in our ward and his fiancĂ©. It was incredible! They were the ultimate example of a future perfect marriage. Carlos and Lola have  date to get married the 11th of February and to get baptized Sunday, the next morning before church. I am pretty excited! We found a couple of other dropped investigators that are progressing real well. Hermana Ana is the best! She has a testimony of the church and wants to get baptised but the problem is she works on Sundays. She also is the biggest fan of Phantom of the Opera. We are praying that she can find a job that she doesn't have to work Sundays. She is 22 years old and a single mother and is soooooo humble! She is doing all she can to support her kid. But she changed her shift so she didn't have to start work til 12 and so we went to the ward that has church at 8. She loved it! And actually we did too. I am not going to lie, I wasn't too excited about 6 hours of church every Sunday for a while, but it was great except for when we were in the other ward the gospel principles teacher didn't show up so I had to give the lesson to a ward where I didn't know anyone. But everything went good. My comp and I are working way hard, and we are having a ton of fun. The food in this ward is wonderful! I have never had such variety of such marvelous food before! My diet out side of the food with the hermanas consists of cereal and quesadillas. I am having a great time. I love you all! 

0 comments: