Elder Gutierez!!!!

Monday, August 1, 2011

HOOOOOOOOLLLAAA!!!! Well this week was really great! We lucked out a ton! Presidente made a new district (las cambio)- that is 5 missionaries that go from zone to zone every week and stay with a companionship for the whole week and help them improve their teaching skills and everything. We had Elder Gutierez come and stay. Let me give you his stats: district leader, zone leader, AP for 6 months, and the mission's top baptizer. He is a man! Every word he speaks in a lesson is with power. He helped us a ton improve our teachings. He is from Ecuador and this was his last week of his mission and he spent it with us. As I am writing this, he is on an airplane or in an airport going home. Some things that he taught us: We need to challenge the investigator for baptism before we say the opening prayer. If they are an escogido( it means chosen one but I like the word in spanish better) they will accept.  It has really helped our first lessons a lot because people know why we are here. We learned sooooo much. Probably the next time I see Elder Gutierez will be in general conference, when he is in the quroum of the 12. We ate hamburgers the last night he was here. They were pretty good. I can't imagine it being better than one from America, but still. It was sad when he left. I won't forget the words he said, "mision completo." He knew he had served his mission as hard as he could. I want to end my mission with that same feeling but I have a looooong time before that so I want to end everyday with that feeling of doing everything that I possibly could of that day. We had 10 investigators in church yesterday. That is the most I have ever had in my mission. It was crazy! And waaaay stressful,  but it went great. I don't know if we are going to have a baptism this week but for sure next week. My testimony has grown a lot this week and I know I have a lot more learning and growing to do. I love you all!

0 comments: